My client requires a dedicated Band 6 School Nurse to work within a Care Centre in Hertfordshire. My client provides nursing services to youth with a variety of learning disabilities. You will need to have excellent clinical skills and a naturally caring approach.
School Nurse Skills and responsibilities
- To provide the highest standard of nursing care to young people.
•To assist senior nurses with the assessment and implementation of behaviour and epilepsy care plans and ensure information concerning that care is fed back across the multi disciplinary teams.
•To ensure care provided is in accordance with Commission for social care Inspectorate standards, CQC regulators and Ofsted.
•Ensure effective communication. Including robust handovers, MDT communication and liaison with families and other professionals.
•To communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to young people and their families, care staff, stake holders and other members of the multidisciplinary team, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events
•Devise nursing care and treatment plans ensuring individuals capacity and health needs are incorporated.
•To develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic evidence based nursing care. This includes expanded role responsibilities, following appropriate training
•To be competent in the administration of medication in accordance of St Elizabeth's Centre policy
•To assist in the ongoing training of staff within St Elizabeth's Centre in conjunction with the training department.
•To respond to young peoples periods of ill health and emergency situations and ensure the appropriate actions and referrals to GP's or emergency services is accessed timely to provide the young person with the best outcome.
- Ongoing training
- Great development opportunities for the right candidate
- Competitive Salary with Paid breaks
- Excellent team work
- Unique and outstanding standards
- Overnight Accommodation at £15 per night
- Depending on your role and experience you could receive free parking, subsidised food on shift, flexible working, higher pay, quality bonus and exceptional annual leave.
School Nurse Requirements
- Hold a relevant nursing qualification
- Be registered with the NMC
- Take responsible care to avoid injury or accident
- Have satisfactory references
- Have the right to work in the UK
Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
Health Recruit Network are a trusted supplier of NHS and Private healthcare services. We supply work to Registered General Nurses (RGN), Mental Health Nurses (RMN), Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) and Healthcare Assistants (HCA). We are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the UK and supply Nationwide. Health Recruit Network are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.