Paediatric, Infants, Children, Adolescents, Palliative, Hospice Care, Physical Disabilities
My client requires a dedicated Senior Staff Nurse to work within their Children's Hospice for Children in South East London. My client provides specialist nursing services to infants, children and young people up to the age of 19 years with life limiting conditions.
This facility provides an outstanding service to children and their families. They go the extra mile to ensure families needs are met and children are comfortable and living a full life.
The successful candidate will be providing holistic nursing care and support to children and young people with life limiting/life threatening conditions and their families/carers, utilising the skills, knowledge and expertise of the qualified practitioner in a variety of situations, working on their own initiative and accessing and contributing to the skill base of the wider team.
Senior Staff Nurse Skills and responsibilities
- End of life care
- Assess and evaluate high quality nursing care to meet the diverse and individual needs of Children
- To be responsible and take the lead with delegated specialism and actively share knowledge
- Enteral feeding
- Administering oxygen
- Strong focus on life enhancing care
- To establish professional relationships with children, young people, families
- Respite care
- Developing and maintaining care plans
- Liaising with GP and multi-disciplinary team
- Ongoing training
- Great development opportunities for the right candidate
- 36 days holiday which includes allowance for bank holidays and increases with long service
- Flexible working patterns
- Training and career development
- Financial assistance with relocation
Senior Staff Nurse Requirements
- Hold a relevant nursing qualification
- RSCN or RNLD qualification essential
- Able to demonstrate awareness of safeguarding children and young people
- Experience of working with children with disabilities and complex health needs
- Be registered with the NMC
- Able to demonstrate understanding of latest developments in nursing practice
- Have satisfactory references
- Have the right to work in the UK
If you feel you would be perfect for this role, please apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
Health Recruit Network are a trusted supplier of NHS and Private healthcare services. We supply work to Registered General Nurses (RGN), Mental Health Nurses (RMN), Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) and Healthcare Assistants (HCA). We are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the UK and supply Nationwide. Health Recruit Network are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.