A well established client of mine is looking for a dedicated hard working Deputy Matron to join their experienced team at their beautiful nursing home in Cranleigh, Surrey. My client offers 1st class treatment to residents with dementia. The desired candidate will have to show excellent leadership qualities as will be involved in the management of the staff. You will be responsible for assisting the Home Manager in the day to running of the home.
The duties and the responsibilities are to be carried out and assigned by the Matron and Home Manager. This is to ensure the best working practice and best personal care is provided for the Residents. Also, helping to assist the Matron manage all RGN's and Care staff. It will be essential to liaise with the Matron to communicate with all Residents and their families and friends. Most importantly, deliver personal centred care to the Residents.
The role will be predominately be a days role and will based around a 37.5 hours a week rota. My client offers extensive ongoing training, and has excellent development and progression opportunities for the right candidate.
Skills and responsibilities
- Supporting the Home Manager in the running of the home
- To carry out the responsibilities assigned by the Matron and Home Manager
- To give the highest standard of individualised care to residents at all times
- To management shifts when on duty, allocate staff, observe and monitor the work of RGN's
- To set a high personal professional standards for all staff to follow
- To have a working knowledge of all policies and procedures and ensure that all staff are following them
- Recruiting new staff members
- To be flexible in your working hours and to be able to help cover shifts due to staff holidays / sickness / adverse weather conditions
- Management of all staff
- Supernumerary hours allocated
- Ongoing development and training of nursing team
- Monitoring patient care across the home
- Ongoing training
- Great development opportunities for the right candidate
- Great progression and training provided
- 4 weeks holiday (plus bank holiday
- Enhancements at weekends and bank holidays
- Long Service Awards
- Subsidised social activities
- Company contributed pension scheme
- Hold a nursing qualification
- Have 6 months experience in a similar capacity
- Be registered with the NMC
- Previously have run and supervised a team of nurses
- Be passionate about Elderly and Dementia care
- Have satisfactory references
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Management qualification desirable
Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
Health Recruit Network are a trusted supplier of NHS and Private healthcare services. We supply work to Registered General Nurses (RGN), Mental Health Nurses (RMN), Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) and Healthcare Assistants (HCA). We are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the UK and supply Nationwide. Health Recruit Network are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.