Gastroenterology care to outpatient & inpatients.
My client are one of the largest hospitals in Wales and are looking for a Gastro Consultant to join their team on the Gastro Department, which offers specialist treatment to Therapeutic Endoscopy; IBD; Colonoscopy & Bowel Cancer, and much more.
The homes services range from luxury apartments to a main house for 24 hour first class care. There is also a specialist Memory Lane community.
1) To provide a General Gastroenterology service to outpatients and inpatients of sub-specialty interests that complement and support the current service will be encouraged ERCP expertise is highly desirable. There are multidisciplinary teams for Upper and Lower Gastrointestinal Cancer, and the consultant would participate in these. The inpatients are based on a ward with outliers on the non-medical wards varying depending on the intake on call. There will be 2 Gastroenterology Consultants on the ward for 2-month periods at a time providing specialist opinions to the other teams and managing an average of 20 patients.
2) Take part in general medicine on call duties. Currently the Gastroenterology team has between 4-6 juniors' doctors; the team is on take 1 in 7 with consultant on call 1 in 28. Consultants are usually on-call with their own team. During the day, other commitments are cancelled for the ward round 0.6 sessions allocated for the on call.
3) Participate in departmental meetings, audit and clinical governance activity (including appraisal and revalidation).
4) To participate in training for CMT trainees. There is a weekly teaching session to cover the College GIM curriculum, and small group teaching for the Membership is arranged as required. The Gastroenterology Registrar is from the All Wales Gastro training programme and is shared by the consultants.
Gastro Consultant Requirements
- Full GMC Registration
- MRCP or Equivalent
- Relevant experience at Senior Trainee within Gastroenterology
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Up to date relevant audit activity
Desirable but not essential
- Published paper in last 3 years
- Interest in becoming lead in key areas of departmental work
- Welsh speaker
- Car driver
- Further higher degree
Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
Health Recruit Network are a trusted supplier of NHS and Private healthcare services. We supply work to Registered General Nurses (RGN), Mental Health Nurses (RMN), Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) and Healthcare Assistants (HCA). We are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the UK and supply Nationwide. Health Recruit Network are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.