- Company benefits
- Ongoing training
- Great development opportunities for the right candidate
- Great progression and training provided
- 4 weeks holiday (plus bank holiday)
- Enhancements at weekends
- Subsidised social activities
- Company contributed pension scheme
A well established client requires a dedicated Deputy Manager to work within one of their beautiful nursing home in Darlington, County Durham. The homes aim is to offer 1st class treatment to the elderly suffering with dementia and end of life illnesses. The ideal candidate will have to express excellent leadership qualities as will be involved in the management of the staff and the supervision of the staff on the floor. You will be responsible for assisting the Home Manager in the day to running of the home.
The duties and the responsibilities are to be carried out and assigned by the Home Manager. This is to ensure the best working practice and best personal care is provided for the Residents. Also, helping to assist on the management on all RGN's and Care staff. It will be essential to liaise with the Manager to communicate with all Residents and their families and friends. Most importantly, deliver personal centred care to the Residents.
The role will be predominately be a days role and will based around a 40 hours a week rota, Monday to Friday. My client offers extensive ongoing training, and has excellent development and progression opportunities for the right candidate.
Skills and responsibilities
- Supporting the Home Manager in the running of the home
- Recruiting new staff members
- To give the highest standard of individualised care to residents at all times
- To set a high personal professional standards for all staff to follow
- To management shifts when on duty, allocate staff, observe and monitor the work of RGN's
- To have a working knowledge of all policies and procedures and ensure that all staff are following them
- Management of all staff
- To be flexible in your working hours and to be able to help cover shifts due to staff holidays / sickness / adverse weather conditions
- Supernumerary hours allocated
- Ongoing development and training of nursing team
- Monitoring patient care across the home
- Hold a nursing qualification
- Have 6 months experience in a similar capacity
- Be registered with the NMC
- Be passionate about Dementia care
- Have satisfactory references
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Management qualification desirable
Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
Health Recruit Network are a trusted supplier of NHS and Private healthcare services. We supply work to Registered General Nurses (RGN), Mental Health Nurses (RMN), Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) and Healthcare Assistants (HCA). We are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the UK and supply Nationwide. Health Recruit Network are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.