- Deputy Home Manager
- Days - 42 Hours per week
- Elderly Care & Dementia Care
- up to £37,000 per annum
- Experience in a senior clinical capacity
- This service has invested in maximising the safety of its staff, residents and all others who are associated with the organisation and its various resources
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Deputy Care Home Manger with a passion for enhancing the quality of life, to my well-established client based in Barnet, Hertfordshire, you will be responsible for assisting the Registered Manager with the day-to-day management of their medium sized care home, which provides a range of nursing, residential and advanced dementia care to the elderly.
The Deputy Manager's role is to assist the Registered Manager to provide vision and leadership enabling the Home and its stakeholders to achieve the above aims and to meet regulatory and organisational standards whilst thriving as a business' in a competitive sector.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Genuine interest in engaging with people and advocating for those who are vulnerable.
- Creative and visionary and embracing new ideas and new technologies
- Ability of coaching and mentoring and a commitment to enabling people to develop and grow and to achieve optimal well-being and fulfilment are key.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including report writing and computer literacy and ability to use a variety of new technologies.
- Willingness and ability to represent the Home in a professional capacity and be a positive ambassador for the Trust and the home.
- Ongoing paid training
- Pension scheme
- Uniforms provided
- Free meals on shift
- High street discount vouchers
- Great development opportunities for the right candidate
- RMA /NVQ 4/ ILM 5, or Registered nurse qualification
- Training or qualification in dementia care
- Training or qualification in care for older people and or End of Life care
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience of working at a Deputy Manager's level.
- Proven experience of deputising in a care / nursing home or similar environment within the Health and Social Care sector.
- Proven record of achieving/being part of a team with high standards in the above (preferably via CQC inspection reports)
- Ability to deal with complex issues relating to residents, their families and staff and ability to demonstrate dealing with such issues successfully.
- Demonstrable experience of business management (including budgets) within a similar sized organisation and achieving targets.
- Working with and managing volunteers working alongside paid staff
- Proven experience of successfully introducing change within a multi-disciplinary care setting and working in a person centred and customer focused way.
Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
Health Recruit Network are a trusted supplier of NHS and Private healthcare services. We supply work to Registered General Nurses (RGN), Mental Health Nurses (RMN), Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) and Healthcare Assistants (HCA). We are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the UK and supply Nationwide. Health Recruit Network are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.