As Ward Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day to day operational delivery and quality of care to young people. This will see you liaise with clinical, non-clinical staff and other partner stakeholders to deliver excellent clinical services.
Criteria for this Ward Manager role:
- Registered Nurse, with 3 years experience working in a CAMHS setting and/or considerable management experience in an inpatient setting
- CAMHS Eating Disorder experience or a strong interest to work in these areas
- CPD Evidence
- Excellent written and verbal communication, ability to formulate articulate reports
- Experience and understanding of regulatory frameworks and standards
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation related to patient group EG MHA/MCA/Children Act
- Experience in supervising practice in line with NMC requirements
- Knowledge of CQUIN and NICE guidance/requirements and Standards for relevant specialism e.g. CAMHS
- Experience in managing HR issues, including sickness, recruitment
- An understanding of budgets
- Physically able to undertake all training requirements for the role including Manual Handling and restraint
Benefit package for a Ward Manager:
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Annual salary - up to £50,000 per annum
- Free meals
- Well-being support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Lead nurses, support workers and other key MDT staff to deliver against all regulatory activity and within Best Practice standards.
- Ensure that all clinical quality reporting and performance measures are sustained and delivered across the hospital including those surrounding NHSE contract monitoring, regulatory and internal frameworks
- Undertake clinical ward-based audits, in line with the requirements of contractual obligations and Elysium's Clinical audit strategy and ensure action plans are developed and monitored
- Oversee that young people have clear plans of care for their physical and psychological care
- Contribute to the service by undertaking investigations into incidents, dealing with complaints and maintaining databases
- Maintain links with Universities and support the service to maintain student placements
- Oversee recruitment and retention, ensuring that your vacancies are managed and agency usage reduced
- Ensure that there is adequate stock control and a mechanism for oversight on all medical supplies to the ward
- Ensure that the ward actively has regular community meetings, Safe Wards initiatives and meaningful engagement at all times
- Work in partnership with the on-site school to ensure a good working relationship, promoting communication and joint ventures in the best interest of young people
If you are interested in applying for this Ward Manager role, please click "APPLY" or contact Matt Yogan at Health Recruit Network on 07458 162 208 / 020 3854 9997 for further information.
Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
Health Recruit Network are a trusted supplier of NHS and Private healthcare services. We supply work to Registered General Nurses (RGN), Mental Health Nurses (RMN), Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) and Healthcare Assistants (HCA). We are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the UK and supply Nationwide. Health Recruit Network are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.