Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 (DOE)
Contract: Full Time, 40 Hours Per Week
Benefits: Company Benefits Listed Below
My client is looking to appoint a Peripatetic Manager primarily to take overall responsibility for site leadership where a service is currently without permanent management. Required to manage people and resources to ensure high quality standards of care and service are delivered to regulatory, contractual and company standards.
Alternatively, to provide defined operational support management to existing site leadership where additional support may be required to drive quality, business development and financial viability in both existing provisions and new services.
This is a National role and you will be required to cover England, Wales and Scotland.
Extensive travel and over nights stay will be required.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Ensure the service meets all legal and statutory requirements including (but not limited to) those related to fire regulations, health and safety at work, licensing, trading standards, employment, Care Standards Act and relevant country legislation and that all appropriate statutory notices are displayed.
- Ensure that the relevant regulatory and commissioning bodies' standards are achieved and that all staff are trained to understand and operate at this level.
- Ensure that all service user documentation and records are maintained to a high standard in a timely manner, and that a programme of meaningful activities is available to all residents. Implement appropriate systems to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior management, peers and functional colleagues throughout the company.
- Where required, ensure support/care staff are registered with the relevant body. Ensure that adequate references, appropriate criminal record/disclosure checks and relevant right to work documentation is obtained for all staff so that service users are protected.
- Ensure sufficient and appropriate levels and mix of staff are recruited and rostered in accordance with service user requirements at all times. Ensure staff are inducted, trained, motivated and supported to achieve company standards and deliver the highest levels of care and customer service.
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free parking at every site
- Health and well-being support through our EAP (Employee Assistance Programme)
- Pension scheme
- SMART Pensions - Opt for a slightly smaller salary and we pay an extra contribution into your pension. The result? We both save on National Insurance payments and you end up with an overall increase in your take-home pay
- Cycle scheme - Get a tax-free bike with equipment and pay monthly from your salary, generating a cost saving of up to 42%
- Computing scheme - Buy the latest technology at no more than the RRP using salary exchange whilst spreading the cost over 12 months
- Your Benefits - Our shopping discount site where you'll find great offers for online and in-store shopping, negotiated specially for everyone who works with us
- GymFlex - Spread the cost of an annual gym membership over 12 months and use your membership at health clubs, leisure centres, boot camps and yoga studios across the UK
- Must be a Nurse Qualified (RGN)
- Experience of older people and specialist services
- Previous Experience of Managing a Home/Service
- A detailed knowledge of the regulatory and statutory requirements associated with social care is essential.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a matrix organisation and to deliver continuous improvement via coaching, mentoring and strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of the key business activities associated with leading a care home, specialist service or supported living operation.
- Extensive travel and overnight stays will be required. The role may require you to be based at a site full time for an undefined period, meaning staying away from home throughout the week is likely to be required. While this may be within an allocated region, business need may dictate deployment to any site nationwide as required. Post holders will therefore need to be flexible.
Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
Health Recruit Network are a trusted supplier of NHS and Private healthcare services. We supply work to Registered General Nurses (RGN), Mental Health Nurses (RMN), Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) and Healthcare Assistants (HCA). We are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the UK and supply Nationwide. Health Recruit Network are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.