Location: East London
Salary: up to £58,000 per annum
Contract: 40 hours per week
Are you a Ward Manager in East End of London looking for a new challenge?
Health Recruit Network are proud to partner with a leading Private Organisation to hire a Ward Manager for their specialist service based in East London.
As the Ward Manager within their psychology led, structured Tier 4 Personality Disorder service which offers a range of psychologically minded interventions including dialectic behaviour therapy interventions. The service supports patients to return to functional lives, reduce self-harm and emotional distress, with the successful outcome of more than 75% of patients being discharged to low level supportive accommodation or back to their lives in the community.
This is a unique opportunity to work within forward-thinking hospital with a drive for innovation and creativity; they are looking for a motivated leader to share their passion for new ideas and drive for sustained high quality care delivery as part of a supportive team.
You'll be working 40 hours a week (Monday Friday 9am 5pm and covering bleep one day per week). They provide a comprehensive service across four specialist wards; PICU, Tier 4 Personality Disorder, Learning Disorder and Complex Personality Disorder for women with complex mental health needs.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the ward & ensure co-operation between clinical departments
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Participate in the manager's on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward-based staff, outside of normal working hours (one day per week 7:30am 8:00pm)
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
- £2,000 Annual Retention bonus, with £1,000 paid every 6 months
- £6,000 relocation package
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by the organisation
- Free meals, on-site parking and EAP support
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Smart Health Toolkit, including 24 hour GP service with the option of prescription delivery to your local pharmacy
- Gym Discounts across the UK as well as free online fitness classes with Class Pass, Nutritional Programmes and Fitness Consultations
- Discount schemes including Reward Gateway, NHS Discount and Blue Lights Card
- A qualified RMN / RNLD with a valid NMC pin number or a qualified Allied Health Professional with a valid HCPC registration
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting preferably acute or forensic settings
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
Health Recruit Network are a trusted supplier of NHS and Private healthcare services. We supply work to Registered General Nurses (RGN), Mental Health Nurses (RMN), Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) and Healthcare Assistants (HCA). We are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the UK and supply Nationwide. Health Recruit Network are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.