This position will be ideal for a registered nurse with a minimum of 2 years experience. Ideally you will have some previous experience as a Clinical Lead or Deputy Manager .
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Quality Care of Residents
- Establishment of an agreed pattern of work that is planned in collaboration with residents (and/or relatives and friends) to ensure a high standard of nursing care on a continual basis.
- Responsibility for admission planning, on-going assessment of nursing care needs and discharge planning for each resident; regular reviews with Care Managers and compilation of records.
- On-going support of a flexible pattern of daily living, supporting residents? freedom of choice while maintaining their privacy and dignity.
2. Management of Staff:
- Supervision and support of all staff including nurses care-assistants, kitchen, domestic and other ancillary staff to ensure the highest standard of resident care
- Assist in the preparation of an efficient weekly rota, ensuring adequate staff levels, including bank staff, and an adequate skill mix
- Identify any training needs for staff and address these accordingly. The Deputy Nurse Manager will show a commitment to the continuous professional development of nursing staff and other key workers.
- Assist the Nurse Manger in the implementation of the Home's Disciplinary, absence and sickness procedures
3. Compliance with RQIA Standards:
- Comply with nursing legislation and standards of care required by the R.Q.I.A
- To ensure that the Home excels in all Inspections by the R.Q.I.A, both announced and unannounced.
4. Liaison with Nurse Manager and Director Team:
- Work with the Nurse Manager and Director Team to maintain the excellent reputation of the Home. The Deputy Nurse Manager will cultivate a good working relationship with the Nurse Manager and Director Team by means of both formal and informal reporting systems.
- Assist in ensuring full occupancy and monitoring of all aspects of purchases and stock control to maximise profitability of the nursing home. At all times working to the Home's agreed budget.
- Fulfil any other duties which the Nurse Manager and Director Team consider necessary.
In order to be successful for this role, you will need the following:
- Be a registered nurse, holding current registration with NMC.
- Have a level of professional development and registration (may include level 5 leadership in health & social care qualification).
- Have experience of providing direct personal and social care.
- Be experienced in managing a team of nursing and support staff.
- Have experience of working with customers who have physical and/or learning
- Be able to work flexibly in accordance with rostered hours.
What can you expect in return:
- Generous Annual Leave
- Blue Light Card
- Discounted Tariffs with SIM Cards
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) providing access to a free, confidential 24-hour information, support and counselling service.
- Access to a cash health plan at very competitive rates to help cover every day healthcare expenses (i.e. dental / optical) and personal accident cover.
Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
Health Recruit Network are a trusted supplier of NHS and Private healthcare services. We supply work to Registered General Nurses (RGN), Mental Health Nurses (RMN), Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) and Healthcare Assistants (HCA). We are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the UK and supply Nationwide. Health Recruit Network are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.