Full Time (37.5 Hours per week)
Registered General Nurse or Mental Health Nurse
Dementia & Palliative Care
up to £39,768 per annum with NHS benefits (Including outer london weighting!)
About the Hospice
We are looking for Registered Nurses to join the Hospice, working within our Hospice at Home team. The Hospice at Home service takes the specialist skills of this Hospice into an individual's home, enabling people to have more choice over their place of care. The team provides specialist nursing 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
You will be responsible for providing high standards of specialist palliative care in the community setting, where patients have complex symptom control issues, and provide emotional and psychological support to patients and their families. You will deliver hands on nursing care in the short term to patients within their home, working day and night shifts. You will need to work autonomously within the limits of existing knowledge and skills, demonstrating sound judgement and be able to communicate in a sensitive manner along with an ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
Palliative care experience is desirable
At this Hospice we offer a friendly, team orientated work environment - a good pension scheme with the option to continue any existing NHS pension scheme membership, a well-being and resilience programme, discounted gym membership, 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays, subsidised employee meals, supportive supervision and a proactive education department to support with development.
- Unsocial hours align with the NHS Agenda - ENHA £5.31, ENHB £10.61 per hour
- A supportive multi-disciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- 27 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Opportunities for training and development
- Discount in all of our shops and Orangery Café
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Continuation of NHS pension scheme for selected clinical roles
- Staff pilates
- Clinical supervision with external facilitator
Skills and Responsibilities
- Monitoring blood sugar levels and IV
- Wound management
- Administering oxygen
- Putting together treatment plans
- Overseeing a team of care assistants
- Liaising with GP and multi-disciplinary team
Staff Nurse Requirements
- Hold a relevant nursing qualification
- Be registered with the NMC
- Have satisfactory references
- Have the right to work in the UK
IR38410 - Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
Health Recruit Network are a trusted supplier of NHS and Private healthcare services. We supply work to Registered General Nurses (RGN), Mental Health Nurses (RMN), Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) and Healthcare Assistants (HCA). We are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the UK and supply Nationwide. Health Recruit Network are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.