REASONS FOR NOT ACCEPTING A COUNTER OFFER
1. The same circumstances that now cause you to consider a change will repeat themselves in the future, even if you accept a counteroffer.
2. Statistics show that if you accept a counteroffer, the probability of voluntarily leaving in 6 months or being let go within 1 year is extremely high (80%).
3. What type of company do you work for if you have to threaten to resign before they give you what you are worth?
4. Where is the money for the counteroffer coming from? Is it your next raise early? All companies have strict wage and salary guidelines which must be followed.
5. Your company will immediately start looking for a new person at a cheaper price.
6. You have now made your employer aware that you are unhappy. From this day on, your loyalty will always be in question.
7. When promotion time comes around, your employer will remember who was loyal and who wasn’t.
8. When times get tough, your employer will begin the cutback with you.