Join this Fertility Clinic team and play a crucial role in shaping fertility journeys while providing exceptional patient experiences. As a Registered Nurse, you will lead a dynamic team of nurses and sonographers, ensuring the highest standards of ultrasound assessment and patient care in accordance with healthcare regulations.
Fertility Nurse Manager Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
Planning and Organising:
• Actively participate in strategy development and decisions on resource allocation within the Clinical Services Management Team.
• Oversee and coordinate patient throughput between the clinic and satellite services.
• Ensure compliance with HFEA license, RQIA, and other regulatory requirements.
• Act as the Accountable Officer for controlled drug storage in accordance with Home Office license.
• Ensure optimal staffing and competence in the nursing area, developing work rotas accordingly.
• Stay informed about nursing services developments and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Assist in developing and managing the nursing area budget.
Operations Management, Compliance Management, Customer Service, and Support:
• Provide nursing perspective advice for patient management and service delivery.
• Develop and maintain systems and processes for an excellent patient experience.
• Manage situations in the nursing area not covered by standard operating procedures.
• Contribute to the holistic approach to patient care.
• Ensure all procedures in the nursing and sonography area adhere to QMS, HFEA Code of Practice, and regulatory requirements.
• Supervise and ensure work in the nursing area aligns with regulatory and clinic requirements.
Analysis and Reporting:
• Ensure clinical documentation and record-keeping meet regulatory requirements.
• Generate statistics for performance monitoring and report them appropriately.
• Analyze available statistics and clinical information to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Devise action plans based on data analysis.
• Participate in staff recruitment.
• Performance manage nursing staff, including annual appraisals.
• Ensure tasks are assigned to competent staff.
• Provide opportunities for CPD and organize mandatory nurse training.
• Hold regular meetings with nursing staff.
• Manage sickness absence or disciplinary procedures within the team.
Supervision and Training:
• Participate in teaching, training, and supervision of fertility nurses, students, and trainees.
• Conduct annual appraisals and coordinate staff training.
• Actively participate in Patient Information Evenings and train other nursing team members.
Health and Safety:
• Ensure the efficient and safe functioning of all clinical areas.
• Adhere to all health and safety regulations.
Fertility Nurse Manager Job Requirements:
• Active awareness of relevant legislation.
• Registered General Nurse with a minimum of 5 years' experience.
• NMC Part One registered.
• Evidence of CPD.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience as a senior nurse.
• Significant post-registration development in appropriate areas.
• Ability to produce clear comprehensive reports.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in a managerial position within a healthcare setting.
• Self-motivated, ability to work autonomously or as a team member.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to relate to the public, stakeholders, and the multi-disciplinary team.
• Able to handle distressing circumstances and provide support.
• Able to exercise initiative in dealing with issues within the specialist area.
• Ability to communicate complex information accurately.
• Ability to apply initiative to devise varied solutions.
• Ability to concentrate for prolonged periods during complex procedures.
• Aware of clinical and professional changes in management nursing.
This is a fantastic opportunity! Join on of the biggest Fertility Companies in the UK
Health Recruit Network are a trusted supplier of NHS and Private healthcare services. We supply work to Registered General Nurses (RGN), Mental Health Nurses (RMN), Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) and Healthcare Assistants (HCA). We are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the UK and supply Nationwide. Health Recruit Network are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.