Kingston upon Thames
£34000 - £38500 per annum
020 7193 4003
27 days ago
Join this team at an exceptional Private Hospital! They are currently seeking a Staff Nurse to join their welcoming Outpatient department. In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide outstanding nursing care to all of our patients. As a vital member of their dedicated team, you will work collaboratively to ensure that their patients' needs are met while adhering to the hospital's policies and procedures.
Staff Ward Nurse Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) through revalidation and comply with NMC: The Code, Professional standards of practice, and behaviour for nurses and midwives.
• Promote effective teamwork through communication and example.
• Ensure patient dignity, safety, and well-being are always respected.
• Observe the codes of confidentiality and loyalty to patients, medical staff, and colleagues.
• Participate in evaluating nursing policies and procedures, ensuring the highest standards according to current practice.
• Understand and practice correct procedures for Fire, Infection Control, CPR, Health and Safety, and Manual Handling.
• Attend mandatory training updates annually.
• Carry out delegated duties within the sphere of capability and authority.
• Keep abreast of professional and clinical developments by attending seminars, courses, reading appropriate journals, and participating in nursing research.
• Maintain personal and professional development.
• Behave with integrity and dignity in support of the Director of Clinical Services and the hospital.
• Observe the clinical policies, procedures, and standards within the ward/hospital.
• Report on the condition of patients to the Nurse in Charge and medical staff, receiving and carrying out instructions/assisting as required.
• Assess needs, plan, implement, and evaluate programs of care.
• Supervise and participate in nursing procedures and treatments to the highest standards according to current accepted practice.
• Adhere to the hospital's policy for the storage, ordering, and administration of all drugs and medicines.
• Observe the hospital policy on intravenous drug administration.
• Maintain accurate nursing records and ensure comprehensive hand-over reports.
• Participate in patients' treatments requiring one-to-one nursing care, providing adequate explanations to the patient.
• Participate in the admission, transfer, and discharge of patients, arranging relevant services and documentation.
• Establish an effective relationship with patients and be attentive to their individual needs.
• Develop a rapport with relatives and visitors, providing adequate support.
• Ensure nutritional requirements of patients are met, paying attention to special dietary needs, and assisting those patients unable to feed themselves.
• Maintain the optimum level of patient care within allocated staff and resources, reporting particular staffing needs to the Nurse in Charge/Ward Manager.
• Keep the Nurse in Charge/Ward Manager informed of any changes and any matters relating to patients, staff, or wards.
• Liaise with other departments and services to co-ordinate patients' investigations and treatments.
• Ensure equipment is safe and in good working order, removing from use and reporting any defects through the appropriate channels.
• Report incidents, accidents, and complaints promptly via the Datix reporting system to the Nurse in Charge/Ward Manager.
• Observe all pertinent charging procedures.
• Maintain professional behaviour, appearance, and attitudes.
• Cooperate within the nursing and multi-disciplinary team to maintain effective teamwork through good communication.
• Participate in training programs as required and assist in the practical instruction and orientation of new staff and student nurses.
• Attend and contribute constructively to any special nursing service meetings.
• Assist in maintaining organization, order, and cleanliness on the ward.
• Use the staff appraisal system constructively for personal and professional development.
• Undertake other relevant duties as required by the Ward Manager.
Staff Ward Nurse Requirements:
• A newly qualified registered nurse may be considered
• 12 months post-registration
• 6 months continuous post-registration surgical experience
• Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to demonstrate fluency, clarity, and effectiveness at all levels.
• Ability to prioritize workload
• Attention to detail
• Organizational skills
• Conversant with current professional issues and relevant research
• Private Pension
• Private Healthcare
• 33 days annual leave
• Cycle to work Scheme
• Other Fantastic Benefits
• Discount Gym membership
• On Street Parking
If this is the role for you, apply now!
Health Recruit Network are a trusted supplier of NHS and Private healthcare services. We supply work to Registered General Nurses (RGN), Mental Health Nurses (RMN), Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) and Healthcare Assistants (HCA). We are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the UK and supply Nationwide. Health Recruit Network are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.